After you submit your company's details to Middesk, our team submits your registration to all of the appropriate state agencies (most commonly: the Department of Revenue, the Department of Labor, and the Secretary of State). Throughout that process, you will see a series of registration status updates in your dashboard.
In most cases, your registration will move from the initial "Processing" status to the final "Completed" status. Timelines for that process vary widely state to state, ranging from a few business days to several weeks.
Typically, a new registration will go through the following three statuses:
1. Middesk processing: The registration is in our queue. We have received your company information and it will be submitted to each state agency soon.
2. Government processing: Middesk is still waiting on mail from the government to collect your state account details.
3. Completed: The registration has been completed with all necessary state agencies.
- Action required: This status means that our Operations team requires additional information from you to complete your registration. Please refer to the email inbox of the account’s contact person for more details on the requested information. In most cases, you will be provided with a link to securely submit that information to us via a form on the Middesk website. Once Middesk obtains that information, we will be able to proceed with the registration process for you.
- Not included: This indicates that an account that was submitted to Middesk as a transfer could not be located with the state agency, and so was not included in the transfer process.
- Unmanaged: The account is no longer managed by Middesk, most commonly due to the payroll account having been closed with the state agency.